Aboyne Golf Club have asked us to emphasise the following:
- Aboyne Golf Course is an active golf course and warning signs are situated at all entry points warning of the dangers of being hit by a ball. We will not be liable for any accidents and our safety notices reflect that.
- When crossing the golf course, stick rigidly to the pathway and be aware you are in an active golfing area where golfers are hitting ‘blind shots’ so may be unaware of your presence. Do not stop till you reach the Loch side.
- We would caution against dogs on the golf course as we regularly use pesticides and herbicides throughout the summer. Our hazard signs refer to this. Dog walkers must collect and remove from the course any dog excrement.
- To use the refreshment facilities at Aboyne Golf Club you need to be a fee-paying member. Members are entitled to sign in guests; however, under the strict licencing laws imposed by Aberdeenshire Council, we are not able to serve members of the public.
- Aboyne Golf Club is a private members club and our car park is not open to the public to park.
See also the Scottish Outdoor Access Code guide to walking on golf courses: https://t.ly/KlwYp